Memberships enable a deeper level of involvement with the CFM and are a key component in taking the movement forwards.
Memberships provide the Movement with…
- a vital financial lifeline
- a diversity of perspectives from it’s members which helps keep the fire alive.
Memberships provide Members with…
- a connection to like-minded individuals (both CFM Members and CFM Guides)
- a vehicle for learning more about the movement and its core principles
- a mechanism for getting more involved regarding the day to day activities of the organisation.
- a portal for receiving guidance, training and peer-to-peer support (depending on your membership type) regarding the integration of the Children’s Fire into your daily life.
Memberships use our new community area hosted on the buddygroups online support platform. Publicly, the platform is still in it’s development phase but for in-house use it’s ready for us (the CFM) to start populating. Please note though that we have placed an initial cap on the number of members (120 to begin with) who can sign up for each pricing bracket in order to ensure that the platform continues to function efficiently as the population increases. Once we are satisfied that all is running well we will then open the platform up to the next wave of Members. Be part of the platform’s evolution as a CFM Member.
The importance of living, growing and incorporating the wisdom of the Children’s Fire inside ourselves first, is to truly realise the well-known phrase “be the change you want to see in the world”. True, lasting, life-affirming change cannot be imposed or dictated – it needs to be evoked and lead through inspiration, through action. It needs to grow from the ground up from a place of non-judgement – otherwise, we run the risk of mirroring the same out of balance institutions that are currently destroying Life on Earth and threatening the future for generations to come.
We currently have two membership options, Custodian and Guardian
We have structured our memberships to cater for various levels of involvement…
This one-off commitment (which can be renewed annually) is a vital financial lifeline for the movement and provides you with access to the CFM Community Area on our buddygroups support platform.
This is the next step up from simply agreeing with Life First and provides you with annual access to the Children’s Fire Community Area which is hosted on our buddygroups support platform.
From here you can…
- start, and participate in discussions (maybe related to a core CFM principle or Movement activity). Discussion threads are a great place for you to voice your perspectives and widen the diversity of wisdom that informs the CFM.
- access to supportive media (as it is developed) such as text, videos and imagery pertaining to the CFM and the body of wisdom upon which it is founded (this will depend upon both availability and what level of Membership is held – for example, Guardian Members who have completed the one programme will have access to more in-depth content and different online areas).
- members can also post their own media, articles etc (and then discuss) in the CFM Community Area
- keep up to date with internal CFM news and activities
- help to seed and organise events and campaigns with other CFM members
- and more…
On a financial note… We have kept the membership fees flexible in order to accommodate people’s different income brackets – they range from £10 – £100 per year. So, from just £0.83 per month you can support, and be part of, a deeply caring and pragmatic community that seeks to re-establish a profoundly life-affirming ethic at the heart of our societies. We are working with balancing the needs of the people with the needs of the movement: we want it to be accessible to those on a low income bracket and at the same time we need to ensure that the movement is financially sustainable. If the CFM resonates with you, and you can afford to give more than £10 please give what you can, thank you. There is also the option for you to donate to one of our CFM Funds.
Purchase a Custodian Membership from the buddygroups online store.
We live in a time where true Guardianship of Life, and our future generations, is now of critical importance.
The CFM Guardian Membership is an opportunity, through structured guidance and practice, to really deepen into the wisdom that informs the Children’s Fire. YES, the Children’s Fire is a powerful symbol that reminds us to place our future generations first when making decisions of any kind. AND, it is so much more than this…
The Children’s Fire is part of an ancient, pragmatic wisdom system that provides deep insights into the human condition.
For £200 you will…
- have access to the CFM Community Area for one year (as you would for a Custodian Membership – see above)
- attend a 9 week, CFM guided, online training called the one programme.
- receive 4 weeks of post-programme Guiding support.
- receive post-programme access to the training group space that you used during the Guiding period for a further 3 months.
- have the option to continue hiring your training group after 3 months.
- be able to order extra one-to-one support, or group support, from CFM Guides (both during and post programme)
For more details regarding the programme please visit the one programme page at buddygroups.org.
The wisdom of the Children’s Fire is delivered in a more contemporary format and with sustainability in mind, the programme makes full use of all the features of the buddygroups platform. This provides a private, safe and functional forum for housing programme content, discussion and feedback.
The one programme is both an introductory and exploratory journey into the Self and how we relate with all of Life. Underlying the programme is a desire for individuals (and groups) to become more resilient and to be able to effect sustainable change in both themselves and the world they are a part of.
Purchase a Guardian Membership from the buddygroups online store.
How to become a Member
- First you need to order the CFM Membership of your choice from the buddygroups store using one of the links on this page. Please ensure that you provide a valid email address during checkout as this will be used for your buddygroups platform profile.
- buddygroups.org is our parent organisation and is a UK non-profit, Community Interest Company.
- all payments, whether by card or otherwise, are processed by a secure PayPal server.
- A Children’s Fire Movement Admin will setup your membership account and contact you regarding how to proceed.
We are accepting donations to our Bursary Fund which was setup to assist people with receiving online support from the CFM. So, if you are interested in becoming a Member of the CFM but are unable to afford the fees please do feel able to contact us and let us know.
Please feel free to ask us questions regarding any of the above via our online contact form.